And how the Heiresses made the Genealogy easier
Latest site update: 30th November 2013
- Genealogy - now more than 26,600 ancestors and relations, updated 10th December 2011
- Ectoplasm is here, see for yourself, new 20th April 2013
- Who was Maria Churchill? - A portait but no history, updated 23th January 2012
- Free genealogy and how to get it, new 24th February 2012
- Heiresses themselves - a little about them and their history
- Original documents - from the 17th to 19th centuries
- The Roydons of Suffolk, Essex and Kent - the family tree of E B Royden's superb "Three Roydon Families"
- The Berkeleys - according to John Smyth in 1628, 2012 of them
- Barrington genealogy - documents and history of the Barringtons of Essex
- Bookplates - My quest for one and some family ones too
- Heraldry - The coats of arms we have acquired by marriage, Quarterings sub-section redesigned in August 2012: now 208 quarters
- A crass Visitation error - Geoffrey Poole was his own grandfather
- Murder? - The judicial murder of Dame Alice Lisle, my 10 times great-aunt
- Bigamy - The lady who lived like a Lord!
- Testamenta Vetusta - A little on the book, and CDROM, of 800 mediæval wills
- RISC OS - Three offerings for this nice operating system
- South Farm - In an AONB, an area of "outstanding natural beauty", new in June 2009.
- Links to a few other sites
- Family pictures - some old ones!
- Stolen pictures - have you seen any of them? New in July 2008.
- Waterhouses - Did some of this family change their name to Hallifax?
- Why do the Jane Austen afficionados get it wrong? - a persistent set of naming errors, updated May 2011
- Multiple trees on one Reunion chart - two people sharing two separate ancestors new 12th June 2012
- Updates - The log of changes
- Contact me, Tim Powys-Lybbe:
This is a FAST site, by the way. No unnecessary or complicated code. But these days, with the wide use of fast broadband, I've decided to add in a variaty of large pictures and family trees. I've included the sizes of the large files so that you are warned before you click - be careful if you're on a slow line.
Site started by Tim Powys-Lybbe on 17th February 1999